Adaptogenic herbs or adaptogens possess the phenomenal ability to adapt to your body’s unique internal biochemical functioning. It’s considered an agent that optimises how your body responds to and deals with environmental, physical or emotional stress. Depending on your body’s chemical balances or imbalances the adaptogenic superfoods, such as herbs / roots / fungi will tweak the body’s vital functioning and restore it naturally.
Since we cannot always control how our bodies cope with stress factors and we may not always be able to control the factors causing stress, one thing we certainly can do is aid our bodies with the necessary support and supplements it may need to respond to the best of its abilities.
Stress is said to be one of the major factors contributing to premature ageing, heart diseases and illnesses. Generally speaking when our body is under stress our immune systems are vulnerable and if we are not getting enough quality sleep, we can fall ill or burnout because our bodies cannot cope under prolonged pressure.
For thousands of years both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine have been using adaptogens as the basis of preventative treatments. These adaptogenic herbs, roots or fungi can maintain the body’s energy and assist our bodies to better handle stress. Better said, we see adaptogenic herbs as regulators which act in the best interest of supporting our bodies’ stress response.
The result is that when the body is restored naturally it functions optimally and has a ripple effect that translates to better overall health. If you are looking for a natural way to regulate your metabolism, mood, energy levels or overall well-being these incredible adaptogenic superfoods can be consumed daily to reduce the effects of stress on our bodies and maintain our general state of health.
When adaptogens are combined with other superfoods or super herbs you may experience synergistic effects. This is a favourite approach among herbalists, as adaptogens can often unlock some key qualities in other herbs and plants to achieve a certain desired effect that cannot be achieved unless combined in an alchemical blend.
We have 5 distinct, uniquely blended, synergistic and adaptogenic herbal mixes that have each been combined to aid a given function, namely :
• Green Alkaliser Shake – its function is to alkalise blood that is too acidic and balance the body’s pH levels
• Antioxidant Berry Delight Shake- its function is to triple the dose of antioxidants which fight free radicals and said to be cancer preventative
• Energising, muscle building Chocolate Boost Shake – its function is to restore the body’s energy levels and aid muscle tissue repair
• Calming and restorative Vanilla Dream Shake – its function is to restore the mind-body balance and aid muscle tissue repair
• Anti-anxiety and stress defense blend – An adaptogenic and synergistic blend of kratom and super herbs ( see our herbal supplement blend Release )
• Mood enhancing and pain relief blend – An adaptogenic and synergistic blend of kratom and super herbs ( see our herbal supplement blend Euphoria )
Some single superfood adaptogens include:
• Chaga Mushroom ( see our wildcrafted chaga mushroom powder from Siberia )
• Goji Berries ( see our organic chemical, pesticide and preservative free goji berries )
• Ashwagandha ( see our organic potent ashwagandha in veggie capsules )
• Maca root powder ( see our hormone balancing organic yellow maca and sexual virility organic black maca )
We’ve also formulated raw, superherb chocolates, the original and the zero in which the raw cacao enhances the absorption of the medicinal properties of our adaptogenic super herbs. Not only does the cacao stimulate our ‘feel good’ hormones, but it deeply nourishes our cells with these beneficial adaptogens.
By including adaptogens in your diet you support the daily function of our cells and is an easy way of maintaining our immune systems. Feeling energised and an improvement in mood is also experienced when supplementing with adaptogens. Some naturopaths or homeopaths suggest that people who struggle with insomnia, depression, anxiety and any type of physical illness, try to incorporate adaptogens into their drinks, meals or supplements.
There is a wide variety of foods that form part of the natural adaptogens category, each with unique qualities. Some are good for your eyes, such as goji berries, others fight cancer, strengthen bones and can even increase fertility, such as maca powder.
One of the most popular adaptogenic foods on the market, is medicinal mushrooms. You can buy Wildcrafted Chaga Powder online from us. Don’t expect it to taste like mushrooms. Using this powder in hot beverages is the best way to enjoy its vanilla-like flavour. If you want to fight cancer, reduce inflammation and cholesterol levels, as well as experience loads of other health benefits, Wildcrafted Chaga Powder is the one product to stock up on.
To experience the benefits of adaptogenic foods you can choose from our range of Soaring Free Adaptogenic Superfoods below.