Terms and Conditions applicable to a buyer of Products using Superfoods (Pty) Ltd – www.superfoods.co.za.
These terms and conditions are the contract between you and Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd (“us”, “we”, etc). By visiting or using Our Website, you agree to be bound by them. Our suppliers may also impose additional terms and conditions to which your contract with them will be subject.
Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd is a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa, and whose registered office is at 11 The Village, Capricorn Drive, Capricorn Park, 7948, Cape Town.
Under 18 years? Sorry, but we deal only with people who are legally able to enter into a binding contract. Please ask someone over 18 to buy a Product on your behalf.
If you use Our Website, you do so in accordance with these terms. If you are unable to accept these terms, your only remedy is to leave Our Website and stop using the Services.
“Content” means the textual, visual or aural content that is encountered as part of your experience on Our Website. It may include, among other things: text, images, sounds, videos and animations. It includes content Posted by you.
“Our Website” means any website of ours, and includes all web pages controlled by us.
"Post" means upload or place on or into Our Website any Content or material of any sort by any means.
“Product” means any item offered for sale on Our Website, whether physical goods or downloads.
“Seller” means a person who offers a Product for sale on Our Website.
“Service” means any service we provide through Our Website, whether free or charged.
2. Our contract
- 2.1 Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd is neither a buyer nor seller of Products offered for sale in any form. Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd is never either a principal or agent in a buying transaction.
- 2.2 Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd is a marketplace. We are agents of a Seller only to the extent of use of Our Website as a platform for sale of his Products and for collection and forwarding of your money.
- 2.3 We are not responsible to you further than to take your money and pass it to the Seller.
- 2.4 We welcome any comment or complaint about a Seller, which you make through Our Website. We may act upon a complaint in our discretion, for the benefit of the body of Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd members.
- 2.5 We are not responsible for delivery of any Product you order or for the returns and repayment procedure should you decide to return a Product for any reason.
- 2.6 These terms and conditions regulate the business relationship between you and us. By using Our Website free of charge, you agree to be bound by them.
- 2.7 We provide a market place for the supply of Products. We are in no way responsible for:
- 2.7.1 your locating and ordering a Product;
- 2.7.2 your choice of a Product;
- 2.7.3 any aspect of the provision of the Product;
- 2.7.4 refund payment for any Product;
- 2.7.5 any complaint about any Product.
- 2.8 In any dispute with a Seller, you should deal only with the Seller. We have neither legal obligation nor detailed information about the Product.
- 2.9 We may change this agreement in any way at any time. The version applicable to your contract is the version which was Posted on Our Website at the time that the contract was made.
3. Your account and personal information
- 3.1 When you visit Our Website, you accept responsibility for any action done by any person in your name or under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner.
- 3.2 You agree that you have provided accurate, up to date, and complete information about yourself. We are not responsible for any error made as a result of such information being inaccurate.
- 3.3 You agree to notify us of any changes in your information immediately it occurs. If you do not do so, we may terminate your account.
4. If you buy as a consumer
If you buy as a consumer as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002, then you have cooling off period:
- 4.1 if you cancel your contract within seven days of having made it, the Seller has a legal obligation to refund your payment in full.
- 4.2 If he has despatched your order by the time he receives your cancellation, you may still return the product to the Seller, un-used, and in sale condition, within fourteen days of receipt.
5. The buying procedure
- 5.1 Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for the fulfilment of your contract to buy a Product.
- 5.2 Prices listed on Our Website by Sellers are inclusive of any applicable sales tax.
- 5.3 Unless it is clear to the contrary, you may assume that every sale is made by the Seller in the course of his business.
- 5.4 Products may be offered for sale subject to any discount or promotion arranged between Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd and the Seller.
- 5.5 Subject to discounts and promotions, Products are offered for sale at a fixed price. VAT may be due and will be either included in the price or shown separately. If not shown, it will not be charged.
- 5.6 All Products will be subject to a delivery charge which will be shown at the pay point. The delivery charge will be fixed by the Seller for each Product offered for sale. It may be changed at the discretion of the Seller. Once you have bought an item, the delivery charge offered to you cannot be increased.
- 5.7 Neither we nor the Seller can be responsible for action by any governmental authority. We do not know and are not responsible for duties, taxes, delays or impounding of any item.
- 5.8 You are required to pay in the currency in which the Product is listed for sale on Our Website.
- 5.9 Every sale will be subject to the laws applicable but there shall not be implied any right which is neither a legal right nor set down in these terms and conditions.
- 5.10 For security purposes (yours and ours) we will not permit more than a maximum number of transactions with you in a given period of time.
- 5.11 To make future use of Our Website easier and faster for you, we will retain the personal and delivery information you give to us. We will not retain information relating to your payment or credit card. This financial information never comes into our control. The information is given into a page which is in reality a page of our payment service provider. For detailed about disclosure of personal information please see our privacy notice.
- 6. Security of your credit or debit card
We take care to make Our Website safe for you to use.
- 6.1 [Card payments are not processed through pages controlled by us. We use one or more online payment service providers who will encrypt your card or bank account details in a secure environment].
- 6.2 [If you have asked us to remember your credit card details in readiness for your next purchase or subscription, we will securely store your payment details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process your automatic monthly payments or other transactions which you have initiated].
7. The Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd guarantee
- 7.1 To give you the utmost confidence in the Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd buying experience, we make the following guarantee:
- 7.2 If the Seller fails to supply a Product to you for which you have paid, or supplies a Product which is substantially different from what you ordered, we ourselves will refund the cost to you.
- 7.3 This guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
7.3.1 you must first follow the returns and refunds procedure set out on Our Website;
- 7.3.2 the maximum payment is R [Amount]. We will make the payment to you between 30 and 60 days from the date we receive your claim form, as provided on Our Website;
- 7.3.3 the claim form must be completed truthfully and accurately;
- 7.3.4 you must provide a street address to us in South Africa;
- 7.3.5 you are limited to a lifetime maximum of five claims and a maximum of one item in two years;
- 7.3.6 you must not have requested a charge back from your credit card company.
- 7.4 The guarantee set out in this paragraph is non-contractual. We shall operate it at our entire discretion.
Money Back Guarantee For Our Website Orders:
If your goods don't arrive in perfect condition, or you are unsatisfied with the items you have purchased please phone us or email us within 7 working days and we will happily arrange a replacement or a refund. Goods must be returned in the same condition as received and in the original packaging. We do not refund the cost of postage or return postage.
8. Products returned
- These provisions apply in the event that you return any Product to the Seller for any reason.
- 8.1 The Seller does not accept returns unless there was a defect in the Product at the time of purchase, or the Seller has agreed in correspondence that you may return it.
- 8.2 Before you return a Product to the Seller, please carefully re-read the instructions and check that you have assembled it correctly and complied with any provisions relating to the power supply, plugs and sockets.
- 8.3 The Products must be returned to the Seller as soon as any defect is discovered but not later than 6 months.
- 8.4 So far as possible, a Product should be returned:
- 8.4.1 with both Product and all packaging as far as possible in their original condition;
- 8.4.2 securely wrapped;
- 8.4.3 including the Seller’s delivery slip;
- 8.4.4 at your risk and cost.
- 8.5 We advise you to follow the returns procedure set out on your Seller’s website or otherwise in his terms and conditions, if any. If you do not do so, the Seller may be unable to identify you as the sender of the Products.
- 8.6 If the Seller agrees that the item is faulty, the Seller will:
- 8.6.1 refund the cost of return carriage;
- 8.6.2 repair or replace the item as he chooses.
9. How we handle your Content
- 9.2 If you post content to any public area of Our Website it becomes available in the public domain. We have no control who sees it or what anyone does with it.
- 9.3 Even if access to your text is behind a user registration it remains effectively in the public domain because someone has only to register and log in, to access it. You should therefore avoid Posting unnecessary confidential information.
- 9.4 We need the freedom to be able to publicise our Services and your own use of them. You therefore now irrevocably grant us the right and licence to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use any Content that you place on Our Website, in public domains and in any medium. You represent and warrant that you are authorised to grant all such rights.
- 9.5 We will use that licence only for commercial purposes of the business of Our Website and will stop using it after a commercially reasonable period of time.
- 9.6 You agree to waive of your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your work as provided in the Copyright Act 1978.
- 9.7 [You now irrevocably authorise us to publish feedback, comments and ratings about your activity through Our Website, even though it may be defamatory or critical].
- 9.8 Posting content of any sort does not change your ownership of the copyright in it. We have no claim over it and we will not protect your rights for you.
- 9.9 You understand that you are personally responsible for your breach of someone else’s intellectual property rights, defamation, or any law, which may occur as a result of any Content having been Posted by you.
- 9.10 You accept all risk and responsibility for determining whether any Content is in the public domain and not confidential.
- 9.11 Please notify us of any security breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- 9.12 [We do not solicit ideas or text for improvement of our Service, but if you do send to us material of any sort, you are deemed to have granted us a licence to use it in the terms set out at sub paragraph [five / number] above].
Customer Information and Ordering privacy:
All customer information is held in strict confidence for a defined period according to our data policy. We may decide to store and clear all customer information after a defined period of time and may no longer have access to the said information.
We do not sell, trade or share our customer lists and customer information with any other organisations.
Your personal information such as name and e-mail address is collected for the sole purpose of providing and completing the services described on this website and to enable us to send you follow up information or messages and information relating to your order and service we are providing you.
On the occasion that you've opted into our marketing newsletters and specials, we will contact you from time to time with promotional material we may think will be of interest to you. You can at any point in time opt-out of receiving this non-operational communications via a dedicated "unsubscribe" section of the bottom of our promotional newsletters or by clicking unsubscribe here.
Privacy whilst browing superfoods.co.za :
The user may visit the website without providing any personal information. The website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the user’s computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing personal information. This information is aggregated in a provider's analytics database to measure the aggregated number of visits, average time spent on the website, pages viewed, etc. This information is used to determine the website usability and user-friendliness, and to improve content thereon. The providers mentioned assume the obligation to protect this information.
E-Commerce & Privacy
Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd sell various products online. The use of any product or service bought from this website is at the purchaser’s risk. The purchaser/user indemnifies and holds the provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages that may be sustained as a result of using the products sold on the website.
The private information required for executing the orders placed through our e-commerce facility, namely the user’s personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers, will be kept in the strictest confidence and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information - that is the delivery address and contact phone number - will be made known to third parties delivering the product. Credit card details are not kept by Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd. under any circumstances.
Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the user’s electronic device (personal computer or other electronic device used to browse the website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the user may inadvertently have installed on his/her device. We will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order & we will not be held liable for the condition of goods arriving at the user’s chosen delivery address.
10. Restrictions on what you may Post to Our Website
- We invite you to Post Content to Our Website in several ways and for different purposes. We have to regulate your use of Our Website to protect our business and our staff, to protect other users of Our Website and to comply with the law. These provisions apply to all users of Our Website.
- We do not undertake to moderate or check every item Posted, but we do protect our business vigorously. If we believe Content Posted breaches the law, we shall co-operate fully with the law enforcement authorities in whatever ways we can.
- You agree that you will not use or allow anyone else to use Our Website to Post Content or undertake any activity which is or may:
- 10.1 be unlawful, or tend to incite another person to commit a crime;
- 10.2 consist in commercial audio, video or music files;
- 10.3 be obscene, offensive, threatening, violent, malicious or defamatory;
- 10.4 be sexually explicit or pornographic;
- 10.5 be likely to deceive any person or be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity, age or affiliation with any person;
- 10.6 use a Posting to solicit responses unconnected with the purpose of Our Website or the terms proposed by this agreement;
- 10.7 request or collect passwords or other personal information from another user without his permission, nor Post any unnecessary personal information about yourself;
- 10.8 be used to sell any goods or services or for any other commercial use not intended by us, for yourself or for any other person. Examples are: sending private messages with a commercial purpose, or collecting information with the intention of passing it to a third party for his commercial use;
- 10.9 include anything other than words (i.e. you will not include any symbols or photographs) except for a photograph of yourself in your profile in such place as we designate;
- 10.10 facilitate the provision of unauthorised copies of another person's copyright work;
- 10.11 link to any of the material specified in this paragraph;
- 10.12 use distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process;
- 10.13 send age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under the age of 18.
11. Your Posting: restricted content
- In connection with the restrictions set out below, we may refuse or edit or remove a Posting which does not comply with these terms.
- In addition to the restrictions set out above, a Posting must not contain:
- 11.1 hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorised by us;
- 11.2 keywords or words repeated, which are irrelevant to the Content Posted.
- 11.3 the name, logo or trademark of any organisation other than yours.
- 11.4 inaccurate, false, or misleading information;
12. Removal of offensive Content
- 12.1 For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph is addressed to any person who comes on Our Website for any purpose.
- 12.2 We are under no obligation to monitor or record the activity of any user of Our Website for any purpose, nor do we assume any responsibility to monitor or police Internet-related activities. However, we may do so without notice to you and without giving you a reason.
- 12.3 If you are offended by any Content, the following procedure applies:
- 12.3.1 your claim or complaint must be submitted to us in the form available on Our Website, or contain the same information as that requested in our form. It must be sent to us by post or email.
- 12.3.2 we shall remove the offending Content as soon as we are reasonably able;
- 12.3.3 after we receive notice of a claim or complaint, we shall investigate so far as we alone decide;
- 12.3.4 we may re-instate the Content about which you have complained or we may not.
- 12.4 In respect of any complaint made by you or any person on your behalf, whether using our form of complaint or not, you now irrevocably grant to us a licence to publish the complaint and all ensuing correspondence and communication, without limit.
- 12.5 You now agree that if any complaint is made by you frivolously or vexatiously you will repay us the cost of our investigation including legal fees, if any.
13. Security of Our Website
- If you violate Our Website we shall take legal action against you.
- You now agree that you will not, and will not allow any other person to:
- 13.1 modify, copy, or cause damage or unintended effect to any portion of Our Website, or any software used within it.
- 13.2 link to Our Website in any way that would cause the appearance or presentation of the site to be different from what would be seen by a user who accessed the site by typing the URL into a standard browser;
- 13.3 download any part of Our Website, without our express written consent;
- 13.4 collect or use any product listings, descriptions, or prices;
- 13.5 collect or use any information obtained from or about Our Website or the Content except as intended by this agreement;
- 13.6 aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of the Content or information available from Our Website, other than as permitted by this agreement or as is reasonably necessary for your use of the Services;
- 13.7 share with a third party any login credentials to Our Website.
14. Copyright and other intellectual property rights
- 14.1 All Content on Our Website, for example page text, graphics, logos, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of either us or our affiliates or suppliers of Products for sale. It is all protected by international copyright laws.
- 14.2 You may not copy, or in any way exploit any of the Content, except as is expressly permitted in this agreement or with our written consent. For the sake of good order you should note that copyright exists in compilations and graphic images, shapes and styles, as well as in raw text.
15. Interruption to the Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd Service
- 15.1 We give no warranty that the Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd Service will be satisfactory to you.
- 15.2 We will do all we can to maintain access to Our Website, but it may be necessary for us to suspend all or part of Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd Service for repairs, maintenance or other reason. We may do so without telling you first.
- 15.3 You acknowledge that our Service may also be interrupted for reasons beyond our control.
- 15.4 You agree that we are not liable to you for any loss whether foreseeable or not, arising as a result of interruption to our Service.
16. Our disclaimers
- 16.1 Our Website contains links to other Internet websites. We have neither power nor control over any such website. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable in any way for the Content of any such linked website, nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of any such website.
- 16.2 We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website.
- 16.3 The Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd Website and Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd Services are provided “as is”. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranty that either of them will be:
- 16.3.1 of satisfactory quality;
- 16.3.2 fit for a particular purpose;
- 16.3.3 available or accessible, without interruption, or without error;
- 16.4 So far as concerns a Product you buy through Our Website, we are not liable for:
- 16.4.1 any product or service complying with the requirement of any law or being available;
- 16.4.2 the Seller performing his contract.
- 16.5 You now expressly release us from any and all claims and liability known and unknown, arising in any way from a dispute between you and a Seller.
- 16.6 All information and resources found on superfoods.co.za are a result of commonly accessible research available online as well as personal study and experience. All information is intended to motivate readers to make their own nutrition and health decisions after consulting with their health practitioner.
- 16.7 The author of this site encourages you to consult a doctor before making any health changes, especially any changes related to a specific diagnosis or condition. The information on this website is not intended to replace a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.We do not pretend to be medical practioners and any information pertaining to Our Website you may use at your own discression.
- 16.8 Updating of these Terms & Conditions:
We, the provider, reserves the right to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these terms & conditions from time to time. Changes to these terms & conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this website. It is the user’s obligation to periodically check these terms & conditions at the website for changes or updates. The user’s continued use of this website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the user’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these terms & conditions, including such changes or updates.
- You agree to indemnify us against any loss, damage or liability, suffered by us at any time and arising out of:
- 17.1 any act, neglect or default of yours in connection with this agreement or your use of the Services;
- 17.2 your breach of this agreement;
- 17.3 your failure to comply with any law;
- 17.4 a contractual claim arising from your use of the Services and purchase of a Product.
18. Miscellaneous matters
- 18.1 If any term or provision of this agreement is at any time held by any jurisdiction to be void, invalid or unenforceable, then it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not in any way affect any other of these terms.
- 18.3 If you are in breach of any term of this agreement, we may:
- 18.3.1 publish all text and Content relating to the claimed breach, including your name and email address and all correspondence between us and our respective advisers; and you now irrevocably give your consent to such publication.
- 18.3.2 terminate your account and refuse access to Our Website;
- 18.3.3 remove or edit Content, or cancel any order at our discretion;
- 18.3.4 issue a claim in any court.
- 18.4 Any obligation in this agreement intended to continue to have effect after termination or completion shall so continue.
- 18.5 No failure or delay by any party to exercise any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of it nor indicate any intention to reduce that or any other right in the future.
- 18.6 When you visit Our Website or send messages to us by email, you are communicating with us electronically. We communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on Our Website. You agree that all our electronic communications satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- 18.7 Any communication to be served on either of us by the other shall be delivered by hand or sent by first class post or recorded delivery or by e-mail.
- It shall be deemed to have been delivered:
- if delivered by hand: on the day of delivery;
- if sent by post to the correct address: within 72 hours of posting;
- If sent by e-mail to the address from which the receiving party has last sent e-mail: within 24 hours if no notice of non-receipt has been received by the sender.
- 18.8 In the event of a dispute between us, then, if we so ask, you undertake to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- 18.9 This agreement does not give any right to any third party.
- 18.10 We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in our performance of this agreement which is caused by circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including any labour dispute.
- 18.11 In the event of any conflict between any term of this agreement and the provisions of the memorandum of incorporation of a limited company or any comparable document intended to regulate any other corporate or collective body, then the terms of this agreement shall prevail.
- 18.12 This agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is hereby expressly excluded.
- 18.13 The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
19. Pop-Ups, Surveys, Sign-ups & Competitions
- Any user who enters a competition or promotional offer with Soaring Free Superfoods via:
- 191. A pop-up on our website will require the user to submit his or her personal details (name and email address)to accept the offer on hand. By providing their details the user accepts to be subscribed to our newsletter to receive the offer on hand.
- 19.2. Social media will require the user to complete all relevant stated actions for a valid entry. Sometimes our competitions may require a valid email address for a valid entry. By providing their details (incl. email) the user accepts to be subscribed to our newsletter to partake in the competition to stand a chance of winning the offer on hand.
- Any user who partakes in any of our promotional offers or free content offers via pop-ups on our website, sign-up landing pages or other will be prompted to submit his or her personal email to receive the promotional offers and understands that the email they've provided will be auto-subscribed to our newsletter database for promotional purposes.
I.E. Users who opt-in to any of the above will be added to our newsletter database and the data will not be sold to, shared or used by any third party suppliers.
Clear instructions on how to enter will be supplied on the competition entry page/post. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. The promoters of the competitions will be stipulated on the competition page/post. The competitions are open to SA residents only who are over 18 years of age. Soaring Free Superfoods (Pty) Ltd will attempt to contact winners via social media or email within one week of selecting the winner. If a winner cannot be contacted after 3 attempts or if sufficient identity verification is not provided, we reserve the right to draw a replacement winner. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Should the promoters be unable, for any reason whatsoever, to supply the specified prizes, they reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize (or any element(s) of the advertised prize) for an equivalent value prize. If the promoters suspect foul play by any participant, they are entitled to disqualify the participant with immediate effect. The promoters’ decision regarding this matter is final, and no correspondence on this matter will be entertained.