30 - 35 minutes
Preheat the oven to 180℃. Drizzle the sweet potato/butternut, onion and garlic in a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast veg for 25 minutes or until soft and golden.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, salt the water well and cook your preferred pasta according to the instructions.
While your pasta is cooking, blanch the peas in hot or boiling water for a few minutes, until they are a vibrant green and just cooked. Drain and set aside.
Add the roasted vegetables to a high speed blender, along with the remaining sauce ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Stir the sauce through the freshly cooked pasta, adding in the peas. Top with chilli flakes, hemp seeds and fresh basil before serving.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped into quarters
- ½ C sweet potato or butternut, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- ⅓ C cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours, or overnight
- ¼ C Hemp Seeds, plus more for serving
- ¾ C veg stock
- ¼ C oat/rice milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 servings pasta (gluten-free or wholewheat)
- 1 C green peas, frozen or fresh
- Fresh basil
- Chilli flakes