9 medium square brownies
15 minutes + 25 minutes cooking time
Make the chia or flax ‘egg’ by combining the ground seeds and water together. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Place the baking soda into the bowl and add the apple cider vinegar directly on top so it foams. Add the coconut oil to the mixture. Slowly mix in the plant based milk, vanilla and the chia or flax ‘egg’.
Once combined, add the chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate as well as the cranberries. Allow the mixture to sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken.
Preheat the oven to 175℃. You can use parchment paper, but you can also oil a baking tin (19cmx19cm) with some melted coconut oil and pour the batter in. Bake these for 20-25 minutes.
Once done, allow to cool and serve with your choice of toppings.
Try with salted date caramel sauce and a scoop of coconut ice cream or coconut yoghurt. It also works well with a drizzle of tahini, maple syrup, raw cacao nibs and toasted sesame seeds.
- ¾ C gluten-free oat flour (tip: blend gluten-free oats into a flour)
- ¼ C chickpea flour
- ⅔ C coconut sugar
- ¼ C raw Cacao Powder
- 6 Tbsp unrefined (virgin) coconut oil, melted
- 1 C plant-based milk (oat, organic soy or almond works well)
- 1 flax or chia ‘egg’ (1 Tbsp ground flaxseeds or ground chia seeds with 3 Tbsp filtered water)
- ¼ C sugar-free dark chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate
- 1 handful of sulphur-free, dried cranberries
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar (with the Mother)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan salt