Add the agar-agar into the boiling water and mix well. Bring to a simmer until dissolved and starting to thicken. Add in the coconut sugar or nectar.
Let the agar-agar mixture cool down. To make 3 different flavours divide into 3 equal amounts in separate bowls, for a single flavour leave the whole mixture in one bowl.
For the next step, to make your own fruit purée, chop fruit and blend until smooth.
To flavour: Add your desired flavour ingredients to each of the 3 bowls, and remember to triple the measurements if you are making the whole mixture one flavour.
Stores in the fridge for 3-5 days... if they last that long!
The basic gummy:
- 1 C boiling water
- 1 tsp agar-agar
- ¼ C coconut sugar or coconut nectar
- Silicone moulds of choice
- ¼ C fruit purée of your own choice (see step 3 below for DIY instructions)
- 2 tsp Camu Camu
- ¼ C guava pear fruit purée
- 1 tsp mango powder
- ¼ C apple purée
- 1 tsp kale powder (substitute with spirulina)
- ¼ C berry purée
- 1 tsp crushed freeze-dried berries