20min Prep & 35min Cooking Time
Soak the cashews and place the rest of the glaze ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth, place in the fridge to cool before serving.
Start by mixing the lukewarm milk with the yeast and set aside to foam. Then sift together the flours, spices and salt.
Once the milk is bubbly, mix with the maple syrup and coconut oil, pour this into the flour mixture and mix well with a wooden spoon.
Add more flour if needed and kneed with your hands, place the dough in a coconut oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth, leave to rise for 35-40 minutes or so before rolling out into a long rectangle.
Preheat the oven to 180°C. And mix the filling ingredients and smear the filling on to the long rectangle, roll up into a long sausage and slice 3-4 cm in thickness.
Place the rolls tightly next to each other in a pre-greased tin of choice, leave to rise for another twenty minutes.
Once the rolls have risen, place in the middle rack of the oven and let them bake for 35-40 minutes until golden, leave to cool to lukewarm before drizzling over the glaze to serve.
- 1 C lukewarm plant-based milk
- 1 C plain all-purpose flour or sub with gluten-free versions like quinoa, millet or buckwheat
- ½ C Cinnamon Plant-Based Protein Mix
- ¾ spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch (if you’re using gluten-free flour)
- 1/3 C maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 packet active dry yeast (11g)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp nut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1 tbsp mesquite powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt